DIY Eyelash Serum
UPDATE* I have taken a break from Endevourly to focus on my new endeavor, our baby + child online shop, Synonymous. I have curated a selection of truly beautiful and high quality baby essentials that are classic and elegant. Selections are coming straight from top brands from Madrid and Barcelona, Spain so expect exquisite finds there. We take the trouble out of sourcing selections for your little ones so that you may shop with confidence. Follow us on Instagram @synonymousss to gain more sneak peaks of Synonymous. Shop will launch late March 2017, or so. Thank you so much for your support!! * Synonymouss.com
Want longer, thicker, healthy and voluminous lashes? I know I do. Now you can with this super easy and simple eyelash serum that only uses TWO ingredients. I have spotted other serums claiming to be effective but after thorough research I found out that stopping these treatments results in your eyelashes becoming brittle or prone to breakage. Although I have been desperate for beautiful long lashes, I don't want to become a slave to a product since I won't be able to ever stop using it if I don't want the only lashes I have to break off. It may not happen to everyone but I'm definitely not going to find out for myself. Instead, I opted for a cheaper, homemade and natural remedy.
What You Will Need
Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO)- Is a fraction of the coconut oil as the name suggests, where certain elements have been removed making it an extremely saturated oil. This saturation gives it a very, very long shelf life and stability. Fractionation also raises the antioxidant properties and disinfecting effect.
- Natural pulling action that enters the eyelash follicles and stimulates growth
- Not your regular cold pressed coconut oil that becomes solid at room temperature & rancid with time.
- It will ALWAYS stay liquid, clear and odorless
- Feather light emollient, ideal for the skin as it won't clog pores, yet very moisturizing
Lemon Essential Oil-
- Antioxidant properties
- Enhances the FCO ability to cleanse and stimulate growth
Lavender Essential Oil-
- Nourishes hair follicles
- hydrates & moisturizes
All these oils will stimulate eyelash growth as it will maintain your eyelashes moisturized and hydrated so that they are not prone to breakage.
- In a 10 ml roll on bottle (I found mine here), add 1-2 drops (I added two for potency) of each Lemon and lavender essential oils
- Fill the rest of the bottle with Fractionated Coconut Oil (found here)
- Place the roller top on the opening and finally use the cap to securely close it off
- Shake well, et voila, you are finished :)
- Label your bottle (you might be surprised at how you might actually forget what's in it after a while)
How To Apply It (Daily)
- Every night after washing face, and all makeup is removed (make sure your eyes are squeaky clean), gently coat your eyelashes with the serum.
- I like to swipe the roller ball close to my lash-line about two times (or until I see enough product on there), then use your finger to evenly distribute your concoction as close as you can to the hair follicles.
- Try to really get in there (gently, of course) so that even the tips of your eyelashes are coated well with the serum. Don't necessarily massage your eye though.
- Repeat with your lower lashes (they deserve some conditioning too)
Get ready for beautiful, long, thick and healthy lashes, my friends. I will check back with pictures of the before & after. Woo-hoo :)
Note: Take before & after pictures to compare the improvement.
Note #2: If you know you won't go out one day just apply the serum and have it on all day & night long, I mean, why not, right? If it weren't because I don't want to have oily looking eyelids, I would use it during the day as well. Maybe I can be extra careful with the way I apply it, and solely dot it on my lashes for the conditioning effect ALL day long.