Refresh your Fridge
With all the different food items stored in your fridge, it is only natural to have some unpleasant smells collecting in there. One way to help the problem is by thoroughly cleaning our fridge several times a month and spot cleaning it a couple times a week. However, to completely eradicate any offensive smells, with these simple fridge refreshers, you can deodorize your refrigerator without the use of any toxic cleaners that may interfere with the food stored there.
Just place one or two (depending on how large your fridge is and how large you make your refreshers) in your fridge every month so that when you open it, you are welcomed with a clean, deodorized and natural scented space.
How to Do It
Place baking soda in a bowl
Mix, mix, mix Mixture should resemble damp sand
Add essential oils. Scoop up using 1/3 measuring cup
Line up on parchment paper & allow to dry
- 3 cups baking soda
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- 20-25 drops grapefruit essential oil (any citrus essential oil would work too)
- Mold to create a shape (I used 1/3 measuring cup) (silicon molds are best but I didnt have one)
- Parchment paper
- Combine baking soda and water in a bowl
- Add essential oil drops (the mixture should look like damp sand)
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop some of the mixture onto parchment paper and repeat this step until there is no more mixture left
- Allow it to rest and harden 2-4 days (place in a dry oven for quicker results)
- Once hard place 1-2 in your refrigerator to eliminate odors. One disc should last about a month before you have to replace it
Store additional refreshers in an airtight container until ready to use.
Note: Place a couple behind the toilet, in the closet, under the sink or anywhere you'd like additional freshness to deodorize.
Note #2- You may also crumble and add the used up discs to a stinky load of laundry to deodorize it, so nothing goes to waste with this project.