Position — Freelance Assistant Designer / Company Developer
Location — New York City
Time Requirement — Part Time and/or Full Time Commitment
About Company — Synonymous is a luxury interior architecture and design firm based in New York City, managing projects nationwide. The studio primarily focuses on luxury residential projects, specializing in custom, high-end, timeless, elegant, refined, sophisticated and classic hotel-like interiors.
Synonymous is seeking a highly experienced assistant interior designer and company developer who may offer a very high level of work to excitedly tackle the fulfillment of demanding residential projects from concept through to completion. The candidate will be responsible for managing client projects from start to finish — tasks including assessing scopes of work, fulfilling proposals, contracts, the thorough interpretation of client requests and brief, development of refined design concepts, mood boards, design boards, professional / detailed construction drawings and even eloquent production information such as detailed, itemized budgets, schedules of work and final handover. All this to be done keeping in mind the company's signature aesthetic, which must be kept in line with the portfolio of work. It is of utmost importance that the designer have the ability to seamlessly navigate processes for the efficiency and optimization of the company itself, but also for the ease of the client. While, leading the charge of multiple projects at once with little to no supervision and collaborating with the creative director, communicating with clients, vendors, suppliers and trades in an approachable, but professional manner, always. Candidate must be receptive to constructive direction and feedback from founder and creative director, Paola Arletty. This special role invites and will expect the designer to suggest and discuss a quality system of processes that may optimize the company's efficiency internally, so that projects may be delivered with an uneuqalled calibre. All suggestions are welcomed, being met with a listening ear. Also should strive to contribute a point of view and crave participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration in order to keep the designs by Synonymous exciting, innovative and fresh. The successful candidate will be responsible for encouraging a positive Interior Design culture.
Required Skills + Responsibilities —
- Highly experienced, preferably in NYC with the luxury residential and/or commercial interior design or interior architecture sector
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, an Interior Design Project Management Software and Microsoft Suite
- Proficiency in 3D Studio Max and other 3D modeling software programs is a HUGE plus, but not 100% required
- Exceptional conceptual design skills
- Very strong knowledge of luxury industry sources / resources from around the world
- Strong knowledge of custom furniture and lighting design utilizing innovative concepts and materials
- Strong grasp of harmonious space plans, interesting color palettes and materials specifications
- Confidence in writing FF&E specifications, procurement and procedures
- Integration of new technology and tools on projects, when applicable
- Extreme attention to detail and organization, always. While, overseeing the organization and maintenance of project related documents
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Develop and facilitate the highest level of consistency and rigor to our interior design process
- Develop proposal strategies and associated design fees.
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Team player able to collaborate
- Provide weekly project status updates to creative director
- Experience coordinating and ensuring consistent quality installations
- Self-motivated + confident, while generating new leads and advance project opportunities, taking the initiative to strengthening client relationships, and responding to enquiries
- Focused, trustworthy, reliable with a high level of confidentiality and astute judgement
- MUST be extremely personable, nice, kind and posses an easy going disposition. NO ATTITUDES or EGOS ALLOWED!
KINDLY, EMAIL YOUR RESUME, PORTFOLIO AND/OR EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK TO CONTACT@SYNONYMOUSS.COM, PLACING "ASSISTANT INTERIOR DESIGNER / COMPANY DEVELOPER ROLE, [YOUR NAME]" ON THE SUBJECT LINE. ALSO COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW, WHICH SHALL HELP US MAKE A RELATIVELY QUICK, EDUCATED DECISION AS TO NOT PROLONG THE SCREENING PROCESS TOO MUCH. FOR YOUR SAKE AND OURS :) WE ARE THANKFUL FOR YOUR INTEREST, SO EVERY SINGLE APPLICATION WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE. EXPECT TO HEAR FROM US AT SOME POINT, BUT PLEASE DO GIVE US TIME TO PROCESS IT.